Dungeon Entrance

Tax Preparation




Forms & Information I Need From You to Prepare Your Taxes

This is an extensive list of the types of forms and information I will need to prepare your tax return. Some things are necessary and others may not apply to you. This is just to help you get organized.

Personal Data:

  • A copy of last year's (last three years if you are a new client) Federal and, if applicable, State tax returns. (see TAX PREP INFO page if you need copies)
  • Birth dates (including spouse & children if applicable)
  • Social Security numbers (including spouse & children if applicable)
  • Alimony paid: Name & Social Security number

  • Employment & Income Data:
    • W-2 forms for this year
    • Unemployment compensation: Form 1099-G
    • Miscellaneous income including rent: Form 1099-MISC
    • Alimony received
    • Jury duty pay
    • Gambling & lottery winnings: Form W-2G
    • Prizes & awards
    • Scholarships & fellowships
    • State & local income tax refunds: Form 1099-G

    Homeowner/Renter Data:
    • Residential addresses for this year
    • Mortgage interest: Form 1098
    • Second mortgage interest paid
    • Sale of your home or other real estate: Form 1099-S
    • Real estate taxes paid
    • Rent paid during tax year
    • Moving expenses

    • Interest income statements: Form 1099-INT & 1099-OID
    • Dividend income statements: Form 1099-DIV
    • Proceeds from broker transactions: Form 1099-B
    • Retirement plan distribution: Form 1099-R

    • Personal property tax information
    • Auto loans & leases (account numbers & car value) if vehicle used for business
    • Student loan interest paid
    • Early withdrawl penalties on CD's & other time deposits
    • Gifts to charity (qualified written statement from charity for any single donations of $250 or more)
    • Unreimbursed expenses related to volunteer work (mileage, out-of-pocket expenses)
    • Unreimbursed expenses related to your job (travel expenses, mileage, uniforms, union dues, subscriptions, tools)
    • Investment expenses
    • Job Hunting or Seeking Employment Expenses: Resume copies, mileage or travel, new clothes for interviews, etc.
    • Child care/Adult care expenses (need name & SS# of person or name & EIN# of institution)
    • Medical Savings Accounts
    • Adoption expenses
    • Alimony paid (need name & SS# of person or name & EIN# of institution)
    • Tax return preparation expenses & fees

    Self-Employment Data:
    • Business income: Forms 1099-MISC and/or own records
    • Partnership SE income: Schedules K-1
    • Business-related expenses: Receipts, other documents & own records
    • Employment taxes & other business taxes paid for current year: Payment records
    • If work out of the home, square footage of entire home, square footage of area business is run, all expenses related to home (utility bills, rent, phone, internet connnection, repairs, etc...)

    Miscellaneous Tax Documents:
    • Federal, state (if applicable) & local estimated income tax paid for current year: Estimated tax vouchers, cancelled checks & other payment records
    • IRA, Keogh and other retirement plan contributions: If self-employed, identify as for self or employees
    • Records to document medical expenses
    • Records to document casualty or theft loss
    • Records for any other expenditures that may be deductible
    • Records for any other revenue or sales of property that may be taxable or reportable
    • Anything else that you think is relevent - when in doubt, bring it in!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

2006-2014 Tax Domme®