Dungeon Entrance

Tax Preparation




How to get a copy of your filed tax return from the IRS:

I will NOT accept TRANSCRIPTS. They do not provide me with the information that I need to see and have on file in order to keep in compliance with the IRS.

Below I offer the information from the IRS explaining how to get an EXACT copy of your tax return for a given year. It takes about 60 days and costs, at present, $57. The form 4506 is only one page, easy to fill out and has instructions about how to fill it out as well as where to send it.

Copy of Your Tax Return - How to Get One

I require a copy of your last 2-3 years tax returns. From these I can obtain information that you may not realize is important and I can see if any mistakes have been made. Mistakes that will often be transferred onto the current year return, thus making it inaccurate as well. I know that in the course of living life copies of returns can be lost like anything else.

If you need an exact copy of a previously filed and processed tax return and all attachments (including Form W-2), you should complete Form 4506 (PDF), Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the address listed in the instructions, along with a $57.00 fee for each tax year requested. The check or money order for the fee should be made payable to the "United States Treasury". Copies are generally available for returns filed in the current and past six years. Copies of jointly filed tax returns may be requested by either spouse and only one signature is required. Allow 60 calendar days to receive your copies.

Page copy 

protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

2006-2014 Tax Domme®